Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Letter to Hofstra President Stuart Rabinowitz

In response to the DWI arrest of new Hofstra Basketball coach Tim Welsh, on the job for less than a month when he was caught sleeping behind the wheel of his Lexus on Hempstead Turnpike at 1:00 Friday morning and was found to have a blood alcohol level of .18 two hours later:

Dear President Rabinowitz,

I'm sure you know what you're doing but I just felt compelled to let you know that I along with many other Hofstra fans (alumni and current students) think this guy needs to be fired very quickly. I thought he was a great hire and was excited for the future of Hofstra Basketball but this cannot be tolerated. A coach needs to lead his young men by example and there's no amount of apologizing and community service that can undo what he did, at least not in the immediate future. Drunk driving may be a personal decision but he could have easily killed people in the community. We're just lucky that no one was hurt.

I hope it's still possible to find another good coach. Best of luck.

A very upset Hofstra Pride fan right now,
Geoffrey Sorensen
Class of 2008

No comments: