Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's a New Blog

This is a new blog but this is far from a new blogger. In fact, I've been blogging before we had ever heard that word.

On July 4, 1999, I launched a website on GeoCities all about WCBS-TV in New York (I was quite the nerd... and I still am). I had all sorts of information about the station but the centerpiece was "NewsByte2," a page that had regular news updates: anchors coming and going, new graphics, new studios, special programming, etc. Through the website, I met other fans (hard to believe, I know) and eventually even some station insiders who gave me some tips so that I could beat the Daily News and the Post to reporting some things. It was pretty exciting.

I took a break sometime in the spring of 2005 but brought NewsByte2 back in official blog form on Blogger at newsbyte2.blogspot.com. Updating was easier and I no longer needed the HTML. I could also take comments from visitors and I found out that some high-profile people at CBS 2 were among my readers (thanks, in part, to my internship there last summer). I still have that blog but I figured it was time for me to try out a more personal one to go with GeoffreySorensen.com, which I'm still working on designing.

1 comment:

Adam said...

joba 2 2/3. what a joke...60+ pitches